- Build the next transformational education company
- Own and solve some intriguing and rewarding problems
- Be a key part of our early growth and scale journey
$45k - $90k
Nurture is building the world’s best personalised teaching platform. We are making personalised teaching possible by unlocking teacher’s time to reach students with a tailored learning experience. Why? Because students who received personalised instruction perform better than 98% of traditionally taught students.
We are building a global SaaS learning platform to provide world-class personalised teaching experiences for the modern day learners and teachers. Our software platform allows schools, institutions and organisations to bring together the best practices in teaching & learning with digital learning systems.
We’re looking for a key new member to join our small but talented product team. We pride ourselves in fast-paced development while still maintaining high-quality products with simplicity in mind for our end users. You’ll be working with a growing team of engineers distributed across the globe at a time where you’ll have a huge impact on the products but also shaping how that team of engineers grows, performs and delivers amazing experiences that facilitate learning in ways that wouldn’t have been possible before now.
We’re looking for an engineer who shares our passion for innovating in the education sector, who can quickly learn, adapt, and grow in a fast-moving startup. You will be a great fit if you are driven by a strong sense of purpose and see education as a transformational way to help learners to fulfil their potential.
Examples of Technical Challenges
- Building a curated news feed with the most relevant updates based on user habits, time, and priorities
- Computing & tracking engagement score, grades & motivation of students to give insights on their learning
- Developing an app store for 3rd party integrations
- Translate educational frameworks into user experiences that delighted teachers and learners
- You’ll play a major role in planning & developing major features
- You’ll work across our entire stack to deliver high-quality, maintainable code
- You should be driven by clean but functional design and intuitive user interfaces
- You will take full ownership of projects and features from design to implementation and deployment
- Proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning
- Professional development experience working with Ruby on Rails or other MVC framework
- Great engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals. Engineering related degree is a plus but not essential
- Experience with relational databases
- Solid experience with AWS, Heroku or other cloud providers
- Strong UX and design sensibilities
- Strong skills in testing & quality assurance
- Experience building and debugging complex systems
- Demonstrable work examples
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to Haves
- Experience building strong processes and managing other engineers
- Experience tackling full-stack performance optimisation challenges
- Experience in an early-stage startup or a fast-paced engineering environment
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Rails, Git, Redis, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, RSpec, React
To apply, please send your CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be a great fit to email@example.com. Include anything that tells us a bit about who you are or why impacting education matters to you.